Monday, April 15, 2013

BaselWorld 2013

I'm off in less than a week to Germany and Switzerland to attend BaselWorld 2013. This annual watch and jewelry show held in Basel, Switzerland is the foremost watch show in the world. I will be assisting Ariel Adams of A Blog to Watch along with James Stacy (a contributing editor to ABTW). This will be my first BaselWorld, so I'm really looking forward to it. I won't be 'showing' my Ka La watches as an exhibitor, but I will of course have a number of them with me as personal wear items.

"Canadian Bespoke Strapworks" is making a couple of hand made, piece unique straps for me, They will be constructed using the same materials as the interior of my car (which has a factory custom interior). I will post some photos after I get these straps (which should be Thursday, April 18th).

I'm having my watchmaker assemble a couple more Ka La watches with Hawaiian Koa wood dials. These will use the blue ion plated round (and lumed) hour marker dials and will be fitted with blue hands for more contrast than the earlier 3 watches with Koa dials. As my car has Koa wood trim in it, I will mount the custom straps to Koa dialed Ka La watches. Photos to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment